Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Families Meet - Jan 18

The families of the '76 batch met for lunch on Jan 18, Sunday.
(I am posting this so late because I have been extremely busy putting up my annual Mylapore Festival ( www.mylaporefestival.com)

Ashok, C K Murali and Khaja did the spadework, made over 200 calls and got over 60 people to the Andhra Club in T Nagar, courtesy Hemanth Kumar.

It was probably the first time that the batch and families met so there were surprises, awes, open mouths and back-slapping.

Rani was there with her son - Rani has quit a fulltime job.
Thara was there, taking time off from her busy timetable at home off Nungambakkam.

Annamalai was there too - with his son and daughter, veery subdued and looking the same. He runs his business in Evening Bazaar and lives in Kodambakkam.

James did make it. Looked natty.

Jaspal Singh and wife also dropped by - they live off Mylapore now I hear.

As it got crowded I lost track of the others. There were a few from the senior batches and two reps of the alumni association.

The party ended by about 3.30 pm.
We hope to post some pictures here soon. I have to depend on Murali for pics . .

No comments:

Post a Comment